Winning the Liebster Award
Kulturica-Magazine has been awarded the Liebster Award by Simple Sumptuous Cooking. The Liebster Award is a (virtual) award to recognize new bloggers and welcome them into the blogosphere. The award is intended to connect new bloggers with other bloggers. Someone nominates you, and when you accept the award, you have to nominate other new bloggers. You gotta love the German name (“Liebster” means “sweetheart”, “beloved”, “dearest”)!
So, I hereby nominate 10 new bloggers (scroll down for the list).
A part of the winning process is to answer 11 questions about yourself that the nominator asked:
11 Questions about me:
1. How will you describe the target audience of your blog in one sentence?
Germans, Americans, German-Americans, expats and globetrotters, Wanderlustige and curious souls.
2. What is the primary reason for starting your blog?
My blog is part of the project Pfalz Magazin Goes USA.
3. How often do you post content on your blog?
I launched my blog January 31, 2016. So it’s fairly new. I’m trying to blog at least once a week (but I’m also a journalist for the Pfalz Magazin).
4. Is there a story behind your blog name?
Yes! Kulturica is a compound of the German word for culture “Kultur” and America. German culture meets America.
5. Do you hire people for writing content/creating photography and videos?
Nooooo. All pictures on my blog are neither taken by me, Pfalz Magazin, or CC0 (such as Unsplash). I am writing all articles myself (unless someone would like to write a guest post).
6. When you were young, what did you want to grow up to be?
A detective. Like Mickey Mouse. I should have followed through actually…
7. What motivates you to blog?
There are a lot of clichés, stereotypes, ignorance, and lack of knowledge about the United States. Yes, the country has huge social-economic problems (and this guy D.T.). Yes, there are so many things that Germany does better, and that I would change were I the queen of the US. But it is such a huge country with such a complicated past that it is hard to unite its citizens. So I’m trying to show its beautiful, cool, creative side, and what we can learn from this country – and vice versa.
8. What is your ideal morning routine?
Ideal morning routine: Sleep. Unlimited supply of coffee. Acoustic music. Endless creativity.
Actual morning routine: Get up between 7:15-7:30 am, make coffee, warm up a bagel, and sit in front of the laptop starting 8 am sharp. Checking my To-Do-List. Working on my Blog. Answering emails and other messages. Write articles between 8am-noon, with a short break in between to take a hot shower. Then lunch, then continuing to write. My “Feierabend” is usually around 5:30 pm.
9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Probably flying or running super, super fast.
10. What is your favorite show?
“Parks and Recreation”. Binged it twice in a row. And, of course, “Game of Thrones”! Oh, and “Archer”.
11. What is your favorite magazine or newspaper?
11 random facts about me:
1. I love black coffee and dark beer.
2. My conditioner smells like peppermint cookies.
3. My favorite color is burgundy.
4. I once went to Rome and did not like it. It’s a very dusty city.
5. I did the Auckland SkyJump (192 metres)
6. Norway is my favorite country (so far).
7. I love snow, winter, rain and thunderstorms.
8. My dream, for some reason, is to go to Alaska one day.
9. My favorite fruit is Avocado.
10. I lost a lot of personal things, like my diaries, in the Pacific Ocean.
11. My first pet, a guinea pig, was named after Freddy Quinn, an Austrian singer. R.I.P. Freddy (the guinea pig).
I have nominated several new bloggers to be the next recipient of the Liebster Award! Woohoo! Here’s the list:
The Wandering Movement http://thewanderingmovement.com/
Discovering Legacies http://www.discoveringlegacies.com/
Simply Sturgis http://simplysturgis.com/
Classy Distressed http://classydistressed.com/
Bonjour William http://www.bonjourwilliam.com/
On the Sauce Again http://onthesauceagain.com/
This Flipping Perfect Planet http://www.thisfpplanet.com/
Hazel Eyed Wanderer https://feetgroundedheartsoaring.wordpress.com/
Fizzy Cola http://fizzy-cola.com/
Captain of my crazy little life https://captainofmycrazylittlelife.wordpress.com/
Usually, I have to ask 11 different questions but I like the ones that I answered, so dear nominated bloggers, please go ahead and answer them yourself and feel free to comment here or attach a link to your blog with your answers to the questions.